[R] Bulk editing of mySQL tables

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 12:37:22 CET 2010

Hello,

I have started to use RMySQL and I would like to use R to make batch
changes to data.  What it the best way to do this?  Is it to download
the table using dbGetQuery, manipulate the data in R and then
dbWriteTable to delete the existing table and replace it with the local
data.

What I am concerned about this is that it might lose some mySQL table
configuration options and it isn't a very effective way to do it.

An example of the sort of thing I am doing is to try and update a column
based on a CSV file stored locally.

Thanks

Dan

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}