[R] Bulk editing of mySQL tables

Albart albart at dairyconsult.nl
Wed Mar 24 17:06:13 CET 2010

Hello Daniel,

although I am not completely sure what you mean with 'batch changes to
data'. Assuming that you want to modify the data in your tables, I would
first try to do it in MySQL without exporting it to R and the importing it
back. If it is to difficult to do in MySQL, for example a complex
calculation, then I would get it into R, change it and place it back in the
database. In that case you would need to update your tables and not simply
use dbWriteTable.

Albart