[R] Deleting duplicate rows in a matrix at random

jeff.m.ewers jeff.m.ewers at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Mar 24 16:44:40 CET 2010

Hello,

I am relatively new to R, and I've run into a problem formatting my data for
input into the package RankAggreg.

I have a matrix of gene titles and P-values (weights) in two columns:

KCTD12	4.06904E-22
UNC93A	9.91852E-22
CDKN3	1.24695E-21
CLEC2B	4.71759E-21
DAB2	1.12062E-20
HSPB1	1.23125E-20

The data contains many, many duplicate gene titles, and I need to remove all
but one of each, which must be chosen at random. I have looked for quite
some time, and I've been unable to find a way to do this. Any help would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeff