[R] lattice: defining graphical parameters

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 24 16:50:27 CET 2010

Dears,

could anyone give me some advice how to change some plotting parameters for a lattice graph?

I need to adjust the following:

-reduce outer margins (like par(mar=c(0,0,0,0)) with base graphs)
-modify positions of labels (like par(mpg=c(0,0,0)) with base graphs)

I already did some research, but got confused by the huge amount of settings with the lattice objects.

I know that the road to success goes in this direction:

trellis.par.set(list(fontsize=list(text=8)))

But how are my specific arguments called? First tries like:

trellis.par.set(list(top.padding=0.5))

did not seem to have any effect.

Thanks for your help!