[R] Curve Fitting/Regression with Multiple Observations

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Sat May 1 01:41:35 CEST 2010

I did not understand enough of the rest of your question to give any better response than others have given.

Looking back at your previous posts, there is one suggestion that I can make that may help.  You can use the approx or approxfun functions to approximate an inverse, just generate a bunch of x,y pairs from your function, then feed them to approx while switching x and y.  Not an exact inverse, but if you give it enough points then it will be close.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org