[R] Random walk

Albyn Jones jones at reed.edu
Mon May 10 19:34:19 CEST 2010

Sums of correlated increments have the same correlation as the original
variables...

 library(mvtnorm)
 X<- matrix(0,nrow=1000,ncol=2)
 for(i in 1:1000){
 Y <- rmvnorm(1000,mean=mu,sigma=S)
 X[i,] <- apply(Y,2,sum)
 }
 cor(Y)
[1,] 1.0000000 0.4909281
[2,] 0.4909281 1.0000000

So, unless you meant that you want the _sample_ correlation to be
pre-specified, you are all set.

albyn