[R] Random walk

Sergio Andrés Estay Cabrera sestay at bio.puc.cl
Mon May 10 20:55:09 CEST 2010

Dear R users and specially Albyn and Giovanni,

thanks for your answers, but in fact I supposed the same at the
beginning of my problem. However, when I generate the data seldom I
obtain the expected correlation. For example using this code:

fz<-function(n,t,rho){
f<-NULL
for(i in 1:n){
s<-rmvnorm(n=t,mean=c(0,0),sigma=matrix(c(1,rho,rho,1),ncol=2),method='svd')
paso<-cor(cumsum(s[,1]),cumsum(s[,2]))
f<-c(f,paso)}
f<-f
}

and then plot the histogram of the results, it is possible to observe
that the distribution of the values is asymmetric with most of the
simulations close to 1 when the value of rho is higher than 0.3 and
looks like a uniform distribution with values below 0.3.

I suspect than the only possibility is using a brute force algorithm.

Any advice would be helpful

Sergio A. Estay
*CASEB *
Departamento de Ecología