[R] a question about "latex" in Hmisc

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Wed May 12 21:34:13 CEST 2010

Shi, Tao wrote:
> so, I always get the error window (attached) poped out.
The image was stripped by the mailer.  Please type the text of the error
into the body of the email.

>  I tried to include the following into my PATH:
>
> "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\tex\latex"

Where?  In the Windows environment on the Control Panel?  Through R?
What does R think the the path is?

    Sys.getenv("PATH")

Does it have two backslash characters everywhere you only one backslash
character?
My R shows
C:\\Program Files\\MiKTeX 2.7\\miktex\\bin;

> but that didn't work.

Please define "didn't work".  Include the full message that you received.

Rich