[R] Kate terminal window

Luc Villandre villandl at dms.umontreal.ca
Thu May 20 17:50:42 CEST 2010

Dear R-users,

I've recently switched to Ubuntu and I've decided to use Kate to edit my
R code. I really like how Kate allows one to simply pipe their code to
the terminal. However, I would find it even better if I could actually
get the Kate console to display error messages (or any console outputs
in fact) in red and my input in a different color. The instance of xterm
that Ubuntu seems to run by default supports color coding. Can the Kate
console be set up to do just the same?

Although this is clearly an issue related to Kate, I was thinking that
some people on this list might also use Kate in conjunction with R and
might have already inquired about this.

I thank you very much for your help.

Luc Villandré