[R] Kate terminal window

Vojtěch Zeisek Vojtech.Zeisek at opensuse.org
Thu May 20 18:34:26 CEST 2010

Dne Čt 20. května 2010 17:50:42 Luc Villandre napsal(a):
> Dear R-users,
>
> I've recently switched to Ubuntu and I've decided to use Kate to edit my
> R code. I really like how Kate allows one to simply pipe their code to
> the terminal. However, I would find it even better if I could actually
> get the Kate console to display error messages (or any console outputs
> in fact) in red and my input in a different color. The instance of xterm
> that Ubuntu seems to run by default supports color coding. Can the Kate
> console be set up to do just the same?

Hello,
I do not know how it is in Kate, but You can use Rkward (the package is in
Ubuntu's repositories). It is GUI for R. It uses Kate part as integrated text
editor (so it behaves as Kate and it shares its configuration) and it has log,
error console and all needed stuff...
Well, might be, it is not what You wished to hear, but it works and I hope it
helps little bit. :-)
Best regards,
Vojtěch Zeisek

--