[R] Problem with Sweave not recognising \Sexpr{}

Mike White mikewhite.diu at btconnect.com
Tue May 25 15:37:17 CEST 2010

I think I have solved the problem. In the Sweave manual it mentions that
problems may occur after loading the R2HTML package.  I have not
recently loaded this package but the proposed solution to problems
caused by R2HTML also solves my problem with the evaluation of R code in
\Sexpr. It seems that it is necessary to set the syntax option in the
Sweave function as follows
     Sweave(..., syntax="SweaveSyntaxNoweb")
  although I am not sure why this is required.
Mike