[R] can't load nlme on windoze 7

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 7 20:29:47 CET 2010

Either hotmail or the list spam filter butchered my dll list but
I would mention that the cygwin dll occurs when I tried to load
the nlme library. I posted the build settings in first post and
am now floundering with the tar file to find the Makefile so I can
change them to avoid using cygwin, something like -mno-cygwin.
Can you point me to the equivalent of the makefile ? I tried
setting default gcc to version 3 but no change etc. I can play
with the build flags if I know where they are.

Thanks.

> From: marchywka at hotmail.com
> To: ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
> Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 10:31:04 -0500
> CC: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: Re: [R] can't load nlme on windoze 7
>

> > Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 16:19:16 +0100
> > From: ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
> > To: marchywka at hotmail.com
> > CC: tal.galili at gmail.com; r-help at r-project.org
> > Subject: Re: [R] can't load nlme on windoze 7
> >
> > I wonder why cygwin is mentioned here.
>
> Yeah, that was my first question but once I get tied up in these
> things I get confused easily and need input :) I haven't used
> R in quite a while and this is my first exposure to the 64 bit OS and
> all the "stuff" to consider about build issues. There could be a cygwin
> R build, I dunno.
>

> > and does not run under cygwin. cygwin1.dll should not be required
> > anywhere. The cygwin platform is not supported.
>
>  I have reported even
> more bizarre results on the cygwin list from time to time on this machine...
>

> The library(nlme) call AFAIK is hanging in a 'dohs 7 stack trace with
> no obvious use of cygwin. In fact, if I run cygcheck to find dll
> list it returns this without obvious cygwin need. I did find some notes about
> system32 and WOW64 redirects, not sure if there is anything relevant in that
> mess but I was hoping to avoid this. Maybe I should just try a reinstall.
>

> $ cygcheck ../R.exe
> C:\pfs\R\R-2.11.1\bin\junk\..\R.exe

 Stupid hotmail or spam filter seems to have wrecked this...