[R] Rdindex truncating titles?

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Nov 8 03:17:03 CET 2010

On 8/11/2010, at 1:24 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

	<SNIP>

> ...  The docs do say to
> limit the length of titles to 65 characters if possible; this is one
> place where it matters.

	<SNIP>

The 65 character limit had not previously impinged itself upon my consciousness.
Adhering to this limit certainly seems to ``fix'' the problem.

Actually some experimentation seems to indicate that 72 characters is the effective
limit.  If a word spans the 72 character point, then the line is truncated just
before that point.

Again, I'm sure this didn't happen in the past; something has changed.  But we
move on when the world moves on.

	cheers,

		Rolf