[R] Variable Editor

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 14:05:46 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Alaios <alaios at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello everoyne,
> If you have ever used matlab you should know the variable editor. You click over the value of a variable in the workspace and it opens like a excel sheet. Do you know if there is something like that in R . This will make easier for me to understand what values are stored in a matrix.

There are several solutions available, but I would say that this is
still work-in-progress in R. See discussion [1].

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/r-sig-gui@stat.math.ethz.ch/msg00606.html

> Also I am using rkward. Do you know if there is anyway to see the already defined variables?

If you're looking for an object browser, I think rkward provides one.
Otherwise check JGR/Deducer, or ls(). Regards
Liviu