[R] Variable Editor

Lee Hachadoorian Lee.Hachadoorian+L at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 14:38:37 CET 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 04:11:17 -0800, Alaios wrote:

> Hello everoyne,
> If you have ever used matlab you should know the variable editor.
> You click over the value of a variable in the workspace and it opens
> like a excel sheet. Do you know if there is something like that in R .
> This will make easier for me to understand what values are stored in a
> matrix.
>
> Also I am using rkward. Do you know if there is anyway to see the
> already defined variables?

If you are already using RKWard, it has a spreadsheet-style editor. Click
on the Workspace button on the upper left and you will see a list of all
objects (the second part of your question), including variables, data
frame, and open packages. Then if you right click on the name of a data
frame and select Edit from the context menu, you will see a
spreadsheet-style editor.

Best,
Lee Hachadoorian
PhD Student, Geography
Program in Earth & Environmental Sciences
CUNY Graduate Center