[R] Problem with nlme package

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Nov 17 23:23:46 CET 2010

On Nov 17, 2010, at 5:07 PM, Joanna Geller wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions - I tried all of them, including
> require(lme4) and require(nlme) and summary.lme still cannot be found.
> I want to use it to get full output of a multi-level model. Maybe it's
> a Mac thing?
>
> Any other suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks, again.

The suggestion would be to post the code ... i.e. answer my first
question from my first reply. (While you are at it,  post the results
of sessionInfo()

(It's not a "Mac thing". I just ran the first example on the nlme help
page and got perfectly acceptable results.)

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)
snipped...

--
David.

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 3:51 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net
> > wrote:

>>> How did you "try to use it"?

>>> If it says it cannot be found, then you quite possibly forgot to
>>> load the
>>> "lme4" package.
>>
>> (or the nlme package)
>> Try: