[R] file reading problem unique to windows. Err info: Error in file(file, ifelse(append, "a", "w")). cannot open the connection

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 09:09:07 CET 2010

We don't have any of the information asked for in the posting guide,
such as your version of R, reproducible example ....

But please try R-patched, since this might be

     • download.file() could leave the destination file open if the URL
       was not able to be opened.  (PR#14414)

(If you had followed the posting guide you would have tried R-patched
before posting ....)

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Yong Wang wrote:

> Dear List
>
> I asked this question before, got some tips but can't get it solved.

Where?  You didn't give a reference, and it would have helped the
helpers.