[R] colored rasterImage()

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 06:26:07 CEST 2010

Use the matrix of colours directly:

nx <- 100
ny <- 100
m <- matrix(data = rep(seq(0,1, length = nx), ny), ncol = nx, nrow =
ny, byrow = TRUE)
plot(1:nx, 1:ny, type = "n")
my.color <- matrix(data = (rainbow(100))[m*100], ncol = nx, nrow = ny,
byrow = TRUE)
rasterImage(my.color, 1, 1, nx, ny)

Also, you might want to check out image.SpatialGridDataFrame in
package sp that provides a wrapper around rasterImage for
SpatialGrids.

 I'm not aware of other examples, but I have not looked hard since the
first release of rasterImage.

library(sp)
sp:::image.SpatialGridDataFrame

Cheers, Mike.