[R] Looking for covariance function -OR- how do you search

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 14:31:38 CEST 2010

Hi Alex,

There are a couple ways.  You can install the SOS package, which has
some nice search features.  You can also use R's built in
RSiteSearch("some relevant keywords"), also, if you think you are
close to what the function should be called, you can try:

> apropos("cov")
[1] "ability.cov" "cov"         "cov2cor"     "covratio"    "cov.wt"
[6] "discoveries" "recover"     "vcov"

which turns up functions with your search term in them.  To answer
your question about the function, see ?cov .

Cheers,

Josh

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Alaios <alaios at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone.,
> I am looking for a covariance function this not the first time I have this type
> of problem (to find which function does something). I try in google with "R cran
> covariance function" but usually this ends with different results that do not
> help me that much.
>

> Could you please try to advice me how to search for what function implements the
> functionality you want.
>
> Best Regards
> Alex

Joshua Wiley