[R] Question about Density Plot

Ignacio Ibarra Del Río ilibarra at uc.cl
Mon Oct 18 14:34:23 CEST 2010

  Hi

I've attached an example about something I want to do in R. This example
was done in a Fortran application called ASGL. Here's an example in
matplotlib

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/hexbin_demo.html

Basically, it's like a scatter plot, but have several additional things.
One thing are the grids inside the graph, and the other is a density bar
used as a reference to evaluate the frequency of the points.

The command that I've always used in R for scatter plots is.

 > plot(l1, l2)

I need to know if there is something similar in a library of R, or if I
could implement it on my own.

Greetings

Ignacio