[R] DLL not found

Remko Duursma remkoduursma at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 00:50:17 CEST 2010

Dear R-helpers,

I have a fresh installation of windows vista, and R 2.12.0 (session info below).

Problem:

> require(sp)
Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
  DLL 'lattice' not found: maybe not installed for this architecture?

> require(lattice)
Failed with error:  ‘package 'lattice' is not installed for 'arch=i386'’

And same problem with any other package, with the difference that I
can reinstall other packages, but not lattice (using
install.packages()).

I have two other machines with Vista, and I have never had this
problem before. I don't use any other platforms.
I have also run update.packages().

Any help?

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_Australia.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_Australia.1252
   LC_MONETARY=English_Australia.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C                       LC_TIME=English_Australia.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] rgl_0.92.794

[1] grid_2.12.0  tools_2.12.0