[R] Install Error

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:04:55 CEST 2010

On 28/10/2010 7:54 AM, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running into the error below when doing "R CMD INSTALL
> MyPackage.tar.gz". This didn't use to be this way and I am at a loss as to
> where this might be coming from. Any pointers where to look?
>
> Joh
>
> ** building package indices ...
> Error in scan(file, what, nmax, sep, dec, quote, skip, nlines, na.strings,
> :
>    line 1 did not have 8 elements
> ERROR: installing package indices failed

You may get more informative error information if you do the install
from within R.  Supposing you've used setwd() to go to the directory
where your package lives, try

install.packages("MyPackage.tar.gz", repos=NULL, type="source")

If that fails, then traceback() will tell you where the failure happened.

Duncan Murdoch