[R] Install Error

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Thu Oct 28 14:08:28 CEST 2010

Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On 28/10/2010 7:54 AM, Johannes Graumann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running into the error below when doing "R CMD INSTALL
>> MyPackage.tar.gz". This didn't use to be this way and I am at a loss as
>> to where this might be coming from. Any pointers where to look?
>>
>> Joh
>>
>> ** building package indices ...
>> Error in scan(file, what, nmax, sep, dec, quote, skip, nlines,
>> na.strings,
>> :
>>    line 1 did not have 8 elements
>> ERROR: installing package indices failed
>>

> You may get more informative error information if you do the install
> from within R.  Supposing you've used setwd() to go to the directory
> where your package lives, try
>
> install.packages("MyPackage.tar.gz", repos=NULL, type="source")
>
> If that fails, then traceback() will tell you where the failure happened.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Thanks for the pointer, but there doesn't seem to be more information ...

> install.packages("MyPackage.tar.gz", repos=NULL, type="source")
Installing package(s) into ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
* installing *source* package ‘MyPackage’ ...
** R
** data
** demo
** exec
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices ...
Error in scan(file, what, nmax, sep, dec, quote, skip, nlines, na.strings,
:
  line 1 did not have 8 elements
ERROR: installing package indices failed
* removing ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/MyPackage’
* restoring previous ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/MyPackage’
Warning message:
In install.packages("MyPackage.tar.gz", repos = NULL, type = "source") :
  installation of package 'MyPackage.tar.gz' had non-zero exit status
> traceback()
No traceback available