[R] R package to identify model

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 16:49:29 CEST 2010

Ken Knoblauch <ken.knoblauch <at> inserm.fr> writes:

> Peng, C <cpeng.usm <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > what is ESP package? Thanks.
>
> I've heard that It's only available over from a repository
> accessible through a next-generation
> wifi system call oui-ja.
>
> (Beware humor travels poorly over the internet
> and across linguistic differences!).

  Just to translate: Bert Gunter is suggesting that we don't
have nearly enough information to answer the question. 'Model
identification' is a very broad term, with specific methods
tailored to different areas (econometrics, engineering,
pharmacokinetics, ... ?)  The original poster could try

install.packages("sos")
library(sos)
findFn("{model identification}")

and see if any of the 16 matches are relevant to their
particular question ...