[R] R package to identify model

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Sep 7 18:31:43 CEST 2010

I think that I am the one to blame for the first references to the possibility of an ESP package on this list (though I picked up the idea from the perl.misc newsgroup).

ESP is the acronym for Extra Sensory Perception which is the pseudoscience dealing with people supposedly being able predict the future or read people's minds.  References to the esp package therefore are indications that the original poster did not provide enough information for us to understand the question or provide a reasonable answer, it is an attempt (at least on my part) at a humorous way of saying that it would be nice to have a package that would read the posters mind or predict what they really want.

I had hoped that future me would use the TimeTravel package to send a copy of the esp package back in time to me. But that has not happened yet.  I have made an initial stab at a very pre-alpha esp package, for this problem it suggests:

> esp()
[1] "originator nonresident furthermost shrub wearer"

Which may or may not be slightly more informative than the original question, but is definitely inferior to the original poster giving more detail (and the info suggested in the posting guide), I did say it was very pre-alpha.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org