[R] Reproducible research

Matt Shotwell shotwelm at musc.edu
Thu Sep 9 16:54:52 CEST 2010

I have a little package I've been using to write template blog posts (in
HTML) with embedded R code. It's quite small but very flexible and
extensible, and aims to do something similar to Sweave and brew. In
fact, the package is heavily influenced by the brew package, though
implemented quite differently. It depends on the evaluate package,
available in the CRAN. The tentatively titled 'markup' package is
attached. After it's installed, see ?markup and the few examples in the
inst/ directory, or just example(markup).

-Matt

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 01:47 -0400, David Scott wrote:
> I am investigating some approaches to reproducible research. I need in
> the end to produce .html or .doc or .docx. I have used hwriter in the
> past but have had some problems with verbatim output from  R. Tables are
> also not particularly convenient.
>
> I am interested in R2HTML and R2wd in particular, and possibly odfWeave.
>
> Does anyone have sample documents using any of these approaches which
> they could let me have?
>
> David Scott

> David Scott	Department of Statistics
> 		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
> 		Auckland 1142,    NEW ZEALAND
> Phone: +64 9 923 5055, or +64 9 373 7599 ext 85055
> Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz,  Fax: +64 9 373 7018
>
> Director of Consulting, Department of Statistics

Matthew S. Shotwell
Graduate Student
Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Medical University of South Carolina