[R] Newbie cross tabulation issue

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 17:20:01 CEST 2010

On Sep 8, 2010, at 7:32 PM, Jonathan Finlay wrote:

> Thanks David, gmodels::Crosstable partially work because can show
> only 1 x 1
> tablen
> CrossTable(x,y,...)
> I need something how can process at less 1 variable in X an 10 in Y.

A further thought (despite a lack of clarification on what your data
situation really is.). The strong tendency in R is not to attempt
replication of formats in SAS that were developed in an era of dot-
matrix printers, but to target modern output devices. As such most of
the table output facilities with any degree of sophistication have
LaTeX or HTML as targets.

RSiteSearch("html tables") produces over 1000 links although they have
many that are not for multiway tables where "multi" is greater than R
x C. RSiteSearch("latex tables") produces many fewer.  You may want to
look at xtable, Sweave, odfWeave, the various HTML utilities, and
Harrell's Hmisc::summary.formula

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT