[R] Sas to R

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Wed Sep 15 20:20:37 CEST 2010

Sarah,

I have found that making sure the command you wish to run will actually run at the command line is a big help.  I suspect that the command, as you have specified it, will not run at the command line.  Try copying everything inside the single quotes, open a command prompt, then paste the command and run it.  I don't think it will do what you expect or want.

That being said, try something like

x '"D:\Program Files\R\R-2.9.2\bin\R.exe" --no-save --quiet < "&rsource.\Rtest.R" > "&rsource.\Rtest.log"';

You don't want to run Rgui.exe, use R.exe.  In addition, you don't want to double your double-quotes, because they are inside single-quotes.  Doubling them will cause problems.  If this doesn't work, then the R-help related issue is figuring out how to run R from the command line with input and output redirection.  The syntax I provide above should run just fine in Windows XP/Vista/7.

Hope this is helpful,

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Planning, Performance, and Accountability
Research and Data Analysis Division
Olympia, WA 98504-5204