[R] Sas to R

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 20:58:07 CEST 2010

Hi Sarah,

Just a couple additional notes to what's been said:

1) It seems like R CMD BATCH might be easier
2) If the space in Program Files is causing issues, you can use the
Windows environment variable %PROGRAMFILES% (which also means you do
not need the drive letter.
3) I find it handy to define a new Windows environment variable with
the path to R, then I can just reference that rather than the entire
path (a google search will show you lots of ways to do this via the
GUI and the command prompt).  For instance: "%R%/Rterm.exe" starts R
in the command prompt for me.

Here is an example run from the Windows command prompt:

"%PROGRAMFILES%/R/R-2.11.1/bin/R.exe" CMD BATCH "C:/myscript.R" "C:/results.txt"

Cheers,

Josh

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Sarah Jilani <sarahjilani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to call an R program from Sas. I have tried using the following code
> in Sas using the x command but it just calls up dos and says
> 'D:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.
> ]
> SAS CODE:
>
> options xwait xsync;
>
> %let Rsource=S:\EPI_Data\Communicable Diseases\DR1355 Historic Communicable
> Disease Analaysis\R graphics;
>
> options xwait xsync;
>
> x '"D:\Program Files\R\R-2.9.2\bin\Rgui.exe" --no-save --quiet
> <""&rsource.\Rtest.R""> ""&rsource.\Rtest.log""';
>
> What I need it to do is call R, run an R program and then go back to running
> sas. Any ideas on how to do that?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sarah
>
> --