[R] Can I save my console contents automatically?

Nobuaki Michihata gha10771 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 16:24:10 CEST 2010

Hello David and Greg,
Thank you for your suggestions. These really help me.

I'm curious about txtStart function of TeachingDemos library. It looks
exactly what I need.
So I installed TeachingDemos library and tried following.
-----
library(TeachingDemos)
setwd("/Users/NOBU/Documents/R_data/")
txtStart("logtest.txt", commands = TRUE, results = TRUE, append = FALSE)

#Top of commands
date()
#End of commands

txtStop()
---
Then I got following outputs on my console window, but I only got a
null file named "logtest.txt".
I tried several times by trial and error, but I couldn't find the
solution to log outputs on the logtest.txt.
---
> library(TeachingDemos)
> setwd("/Users/NOBU/Documents/R_data/")
> txtStart("logtest.txt", commands = TRUE, results = TRUE, append = FALSE)
Output being copied to text file,
use txtStop to end
txt>
txt> #Top of commands