[R] Can I save my console contents automatically?

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Sep 16 19:59:39 CEST 2010

Currently comments (#) are ignored by txtStart and friends due to the task callback mechanism used.  The txtComment function is available as a work around to insert comments into the output/commands.

I tried running date() as below and everything worked as expected (the comments were missing, but the date command and result were in the file.  I am running on windows where it looks like you are running on unix or linux.  Can you send your OS and version of R and TeachingDemos?  Also what are the permissions on the logtest.txt file that is created? (I've seen problems where the permissions for a directory allowed the creating of a file, but the default permissions on the file then do not allow modification).

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org