[R] Can I save my console contents automatically?

Nobuaki Michihata gha10771 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 15:02:49 CEST 2010

Hello Greg,
Thank you for your comment.
I had a chance to use Windows GUI R and I found several interesting
differences between Mac and Windows GUI R.
1. txtStart() command
    - Windows GUI R - worked perfectly
    - Mac GUI R version.string R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31) (both
32bit and 64bit) - only make a null file
    - Mac R version.string R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31) on terminal
window - worked perfectly
   (I also checked the permissions, but they were OK.)
2. Console
   - Mac GUI R   can display very long results and can save them from
the file menu (manually).
   - Windows GUI R can only short results and can save only the
displayed results from the file menu.
3. sink()
  - Mac GUI R  - split = TRUE worked.
  - Windows GUI R -split = TRUE didn't work (log on the file, but
didn't display the results on the console).

Thanks.
Nobu