[R] R Founding

Peter Dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 08:38:05 CEST 2010

On 09/17/2010 12:14 AM, Jeremy Miles wrote:
>> I know from organizing a conference in Germany that the only really good way
>> was and is ordinary money transfer via BIC and IBAN numbers. Unfortunately,
>> this system is pretty unknown in the US. Europeans can easily use money
>> transfer to the R foundation.
>>

> Paypal?
>
> Many open source  projects have a 'donate with paypal' button.
>
> Jeremy

As far as I remember, this requires that a real person opens the
account, and takes on the associated tax issues. It may be different for
US-based projects.

Another option is to get the hosting institutions to accept credit
cards, but they tend to balk at the transaction costs (with the result
that conference organizers get driven to conference agencies with much
greater handling fees...)

But seriously, even Springer can do "wire transfers" nowadays. Maybe we
should just wait for the US banks to join the 21st century?

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com