[R] Object Browser

wxffxw wxffxw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 23:04:20 CEST 2010

What's the best object browser?

Dear all,

I have tried all the popular R IDE or editors like Eclipse, Komodo, JGR,
Revolution...
They all have fancy fucntions like auto completion, syntax highlight....
BUT, I JUST WANT A OBJECT BROWSER!

The easiest way to view objects in R console is fix(), but you have no
global view of all the objects in the workspace.
Revolution has the best object browser so far, but this thing is way too
big...
Eclipse all has automatically object browser, but you can't only see the
basic summary info. and it's really tricky to configure StatET.
Jgr is very handy, when you double click the object name, you can view the
object in a spreadsheet like using fix(), but you have to press the
"Refresh" button each time you want to see the updated objects...

So, is there any thing like the combination of eclipse and Jgr?
If not, I am interested to develope something to fulfill this simple but
very important function. But right now I have no idea where to start. Any
suggestions?

Peter