[R] why I could not reproduce the Mandelbrot plot demonstrated on R wiki

Peter Dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 09:59:45 CEST 2010

On 09/26/2010 04:50 AM, xin wei wrote:

> hi, peter:
> thank you for your attention. adding the line you suggested did display the
> static Mandelbrot plot with good resolution on R graphics device. However,
> the resulting gif file still come out ugly. the R wiki page I was referring
> to is the following:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_(programming_language)
> where the nice Mandelbrot plot and sample codes are provided.....
>
> i would appreciate your help if you can provide further hint.

The caTools package might have changed since the Wikipedia graphic was
created, so perhaps you should ask its maintainer. I see an autoscale
feature that you might want to turn off. (Sorry that I can't be more
specific, but it would be overkill for me to install caTools and start
experimenting with it. After all, it is your problem, not mine.)

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com