[R] Several Lattice plots in one Plot

Ken Knoblauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Thu Sep 30 09:48:49 CEST 2010

Marcus Drescher <drescher <at> tum.de> writes:

> I've been trying for hours, but I do not find a Solution. I want to plot 12
variables over time in
separate
> diagrams in one plot/window using lattice. Two columns, six rows.
I used print with the split
command, but
> the graphics are getting really small. Can someone please help me.
>
> Following data example:
> dta = data.frame(
>             day=c(1,2,3,4,5,6,7),
>             var11=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2),
>             var12=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2),
>             var13=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2),
>             var14=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2),
>             var15=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2),
>             var16=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2),
>             var17=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2),
>             var18=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2),
>             var19=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2),
>             var10=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2),
>             var11=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2),
>             var12=c(1,2,2,4,5,3,2))
>
> Any idea how I can plot varXX over day like xyplot(var11 ~ day,
data=dta, type='b',
scales=list(cex=0.5),
> xlab=NULL, ylab=list(cex=0.5)) and get readable graphs?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Marcus

There are surely several ways to do this but how about

DTA <- cbind(day = dta$day, stack(dta[, -1]))
xyplot(values ~ day | ind, DTA, type = "b", layout = c(2, 6))

for which you can add additional annotations as desired.

By the way, do you realize that you have repeated column
names in your data frame?

HTH,

Ken

--