[R] Specifying the color of points and the plot symbol to be used on a graph

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Mon Apr 11 04:29:25 CEST 2011

R 2.12.2
Windows 7

I would like to know how to specify the color used in plotting points on a scatter plot, generated using plot(x,y) and how I can specify the particular symbol used. I would like, for example, to plot some points as blue circles and other points a red squares. If someone will tell me how to specify the symbol and color used when plotting points, I can overlay graphs [par(new=TRUE] to get the two colors I desire.

Thanks,
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

Confidentiality Statement:
This email message, including any attachments, is for th...{{dropped:6}}