[R] Adding margin text to lattice graphics

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:49:26 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 3:53 AM, baptiste auguie
<baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yes, very sorry about this -- I had subconsciously ignored the
> hypothetical possibility that anyone wouldn't have ggplot2 loaded in
> their .Rprofile ;)
>
> Replacing mpg with beaver1 (datasets) should be more reproducible.
>
> That being said, I was told off-list that this is not answering at all
> the question, whatever it was.

How so? Seemed spot-on to me.

Those who are going to regularly work with multiple lattice plots
would do well to learn more about grid. Section 5.8 of Paul's "R
Graphics" book is a good start (available online from
http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~paul/RGraphics/rgraphics.html).

-Deepayan

> Best,
>
> baptiste
>
> On 11 April 2011 09:54, Mark Leeds <markleeds2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi  baptiste: thanks for that but how do I get mpg ? I got an error that R
>> couldn't find it. thanks again.
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM, baptiste auguie
>> <baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> You may want to read about ?viewport in the grid package. They allow
>>> you to position graphical elements wherever you want on a page, such
>>> as lattice plots and text (grid.text). For a high-level interface, you
>>> could try the following,
>>>

>>> library(gridExtra)
>>> library(lattice)
>>>
>>> p1 = xyplot(1~1)