[R] heatmap.2 - change column & row locations; angle / rotate

Karl Brand k.brand at erasmusmc.nl
Mon Apr 18 18:23:12 CEST 2011

Hi Chakravarthy,

[dont forget to Cc the list for useRs with the same Q.]

If you're trying to reuduce the isze of your row or column labels, i
think the following arguments of heatmap.2 {gplots} is what you want to
adjust- 'cexCol' and 'cexRow'.

Specifically on my question that you ask about, i found the BioC forum
helpful:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/30112

And in fact the phylotemp() function by default pretty much did exactly
what i needed, available here:

http://phylotemp.microeco.org/

However, it was pointed out to me  that some times the best way to get
it just right is using more basic functions, which for heatmaps would be
image(). See:

https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2010-August/034995.html

hth,

karl