[R] qvalue

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:28:56 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Jim Silverton <jim.silverton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using storey's qvalue package but I keep on getting errors. Why is
> this?
>
>> qvalue(p, lambda=0.5)$pi0
> [1] "ERROR: p-values not in valid range."
> Error in qvalue(p, lambda = 0.5)$pi0 :
>  $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors

Some of your p-values are likely outside the range [0, 1]. In such
cases the function prints out the error message and returns a single
number 0. Trying to take a component of a single number produces the
second error message you see.

Check your p-values - all need to be finite and within the range [0, 1].

HTH,

Peter