[R] return code 10 in the R documentation

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Mon Apr 25 05:53:51 CEST 2011

On 04/25/2011 12:26 PM, swarna14 wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have group of R jobs that should be submitted to the condor when I submit
> the jobs to the condor, they don't run and when I checked the Sched Log
> files the jobs are exiting with status code 10. Previously, the jobs ran
> well on condor but now when I submit the jobs on condor they aren't
> running.Can anyone explain the meaning of this?

The "condor" in question appears to be a top level directory on a PC,
not the iconic scavenger that was rescued from extinction in southern
California. We will charitably assume that it directs your R script to
an R interpreter at the address shown below.

> Here is my submit file:
>
> # Submit file for combining the output
>
> universe = vanilla
>
> Executable = C:\Progra~1\R\R-2.11.1-x64\bin\Rscript.exe

Here is a crucial bit of information.

> input = AddTwo.R
> 04/21 16:20:06 Input file: C:\condor\execute\dir_280\AddTwo.R

If we could but see the code contained in "AddTwo.R" (which I strongly
suspect is a program to add two numbers), we might be able to fathom the
following message.

> 04/21 16:20:06 Process exited, pid=2644, status=10

I'll try a completely uninformed guess at your problem, which is
probably appropriate for the completely uninformed question. "AddTwo.R"
just might want two numbers as arguments. It adds these two numbers and
returns the value. The "Renice..." line in the log file might indicate
that the program is assigned low priority, and somehow this default
argument has been returned as an error code. Please send your R code to
the list and perhaps a more informative answer will be returned.

Jim