[R] return code 10 in the R documentation

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 10:55:29 CEST 2011

On Apr 25, 2011, at 05:53 , Jim Lemon wrote:

> On 04/25/2011 12:26 PM, swarna14 wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I have group of R jobs that should be submitted to the condor when I submit
>> the jobs to the condor, they don't run and when I checked the Sched Log
>> files the jobs are exiting with status code 10. Previously, the jobs ran
>> well on condor but now when I submit the jobs on condor they aren't
>> running.Can anyone explain the meaning of this?
>>
> The "condor" in question appears to be a top level directory on a PC, not the iconic scavenger that was rescued from extinction in southern California. We will charitably assume that it directs your R script to an R interpreter at the address shown below.

More likely, it's http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/.

Anyways, the point remains: An R script returns an error code. As long as we have no clue to what the R script does or what the error code means, how are we supposed to help?

According to the help for q(), failures in R itself or its front-ends, would give single digit return codes, so return codes of 10 or more would be generated by the script itself, as in q(status=10).

Or it is something in Condor itself that is failing, in which case you are barking up the completely wrong tree.

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com