[R] Segmented Error Message

Alexander Sherman arsherma at eco.umass.edu
Tue Apr 26 21:47:50 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to use the segmented package to determine the break point
in a simple quadratic regression.  I am receiving the error "(Some)
estimated psi out of range"

I searched the message board and found others that have had the same
issue, but no clear solutions have been provided.  Does anyone know of
a solution to this error?

Here is my model and segmented code.

aclmfit<-lm(caliper~TreeAge + TreeAge2, data=ac2)

ac.seg<-segmented.lm(aclmfit,seg.Z=~TreeAge + TreeAge2,
psi=list(TreeAge=c(3,4,5), TreeAge2=c(0,16,25)))

Thanks for the help,

Alex

--
Alexander R. Sherman