[R] Sweave: pdf-graphics got three times lager with R 2.13.1

eriksengewald erik.sengewald at uni-jena.de
Thu Aug 4 13:44:13 CEST 2011

Dear R-Users,

I am using R for years now but recently I encounter a problem with the
pdf-size of graphics generated with sweave. However, I am new in this forum.
Hence, please don't hesitate if I am wrong here.

I use a script which runs perfectly in R 2.11.1 and the pdf-size of the
graphs is about 3 KB. Running the same script with R 2.13.1 the file size
increases to 12 KB. I am using about 300 pdf-pictures in my tex-file,
generated by sweave. So this change in file size is dramatic for the finally
pdf-file.

Has somebody an explanation for this phenomenon?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Erik

Here some more facts:
- I am running a windows system (same problem with linux system)
- This is an example of my code chunk:
<<fig=TRUE,echo=false,width=4,height=0.6>>=
PlotFunctionRef2(daten,daten_ref1,daten_ref2,g=1) //plotting function
@