[R] Different approach to set up Cohen Kappa

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Wed Aug 10 11:22:41 CEST 2011

The kappa2() function in the irr library takes an n x 2 matrix as input,
where the two columns are the ratings by two raters. Let x and y below be
the ratings of the two raters:

x<-sample(c(0,1,2),100,replace=T)

o<-sample(c(0,0,0,1),100,replace=T)
y<-x+o

 #Then kappa is computed as:

kappa2(cbind(x,y))

Otherwise, your post suggest that you should start with the basics and pick
up an R manual to get acquainted with R.

HTH,
Daniel