[R] How to get the date of specific value within a zoo object?

R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt@gmail.com> michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 12:38:19 CEST 2011

Xts is an extension of zoo that has some other nice features: character subsetting, periodic apply functions, good built in time conversions, etc.

More importantly for my work, the authors put a lot of work into making sure it plays well with all of R's many ts classes so I almost always start any project by changing input from any source to xts so I don't have to think about the occasional inconsistencies.

If you arent working with multiple data sources and don't need the extended functionality, there's absolutely nothing wrong with zoo - it's also a great package.

Michael Weylandt

PS - more than anything, I was somewhat distracted when answering and couldn't get your code to work so I falsely assumed it was a zoo problem: so I just wrote an example I knew worked in xts - when I thought for a moment and saw your bug, I realized the same trick would work in zoo.