[R] Query for semi-transparency support

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 16 05:32:04 CEST 2011

Here's a warning, but it sounds like it's at a deep (C, presumably) level,

xfig()
grid::grid.rect(gp=gpar(fill="red", alpha=0.5))
Warning message:
In grid.Call.graphics("L_rect", x$x, x$y, x$width, x$height,
resolveHJust(x$just,  :
  semi-transparency is not supported on this device: reported only once per page

HTH,

baptiste