[R] Query for semi-transparency support

Jesse Brown jesse.r.brown at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 23:06:42 CEST 2011

Thanks for the pointer. I looked through the source and it seems that
this is hard-coded into the device-specific files.

Considering that, I can think of three ways I could achieve this behavior:

  1 - Using .Device in a switch statement
  2 - A try/catch construct that will trigger on warnings (possible?)
  3 - Check warnings() after the call in question and react accordingly

I'm still fairly new with the language so I'm not sure the second is
even possible and I'd think that the third would still cause problems
as state handling would be a mess. It would be interesting to hear of
any approach that I'm missing.

Thanks,

Jesse