[R] X11 problem

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Thu Aug 25 22:39:13 CEST 2011

Carole:

If you really need to install R from source you probably need to do:

     sudo apt-get update
     sudo apt-get install libx11-dev

before you do your ./configure and make.

If you just want to install the binary, you could try

     sudo apt-get update
     sudo apt-get install r-base r-base-dev

(Well, that seems to work for me!  It's kind of a magic incantation from
my pov; don't really know what I'm doing. :-) )

HTH

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner