[R] parallel rbind

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Aug 29 03:57:02 CEST 2011

If you know much about what the elements of LIST look like
you can speed things up by not making R figure out what
you already know.  E.g., if you know that LIST consists of
p numeric vectors, all of the same length, n, then the following
might be faster
   matrix(unlist(LIST, use.names=FALSE), nrow=n)
If you are worried about row or column names then you can
add that information to the call to matrix().  (The above
will also work if LIST contains some matrix elements, as long as
they all have n rows.)

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com